Apple Announces WWDC 2012 And Sells Out Within 2 Hours
Thousands of Apple developers were waiting for this moment and Apple finally announced this year’s WWDC dates and like every years tickets went on sale immediately. WWDC 2012 would kick on June 11 and will end on June 15 at Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco.Thousands of developers from around the world flooded Apple official WWDC 2012 website for tickets and guess what, Apple sold in less than 2 hours. Apple’s WWDC ticket cost $1599 and we don’t have the exact mount of tickets sold this year. Yes if you’re a developers and you were waiting to buy yourself a ticket than better luck next year. We’re pretty sure that one or two tickets would go up for sale on eBay like last year but officially there’s no chance now. Apple delayed this year’s WWDC announcement but one thing was confirmed that it’s happening in June but exact dates were not confirmed.
Every year Apple calls developers from around the world to attend workshops which are supervised by Apple Engineers, you can bring your code grab an engineer and resolve your issues. Apple is also offering scholarship programs for this year’s WWDC, if you’re a student and developers and you’re above 13 years of age you can apple for this program to earn yourself a free pass into WWDC 2012.
Apple’s Oficial Press Release:
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference to Kick Off June 11 at Moscone West in San Francisco
CUPERTINO, California—April 25, 2012—Apple® today announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 11 through June 15 at San Francisco’s Moscone West. At this year’s five-day conference, developers will learn about the future of iOS and OS X®, allowing them to build incredible new apps. WWDC will also feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers as well as the popular Apple Design Awards, a showcase of the most outstanding apps from the past year.
“We have a great WWDC planned this year and can’t wait to share the latest news about iOS and OS X Mountain Lion with developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The iOS platform has created an entirely new industry with fantastic opportunities for developers across the country and around the world.”
Developers will be able to explore the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X Mountain Lion and learn how to greatly enhance the functionality, performance, quality and design of their apps. Developers can even bring their code to the labs and work with Apple engineers, applying development techniques and best-practices to enhance their apps.
Activities at Apple’s WWDC 2012 include:
- more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of technology-specific topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- 100 hands-on labs staffed by more than 1,000 Apple engineers providing developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Please go to the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2012 website (developer.apple.com/wwdc) to purchase tickets, as well as for updates and more information.
Developers who are unable to attend this year’s conference can access and watch all technical sessions from the Apple Developer website (developer.apple.com/videos) as soon as they are posted for free.
We will keep you updated on this, stay tuned!