Best Buy Mentions $1499 42 Inch Apple HDTV In Their Customer Survey
Sending feedback surveys to customers is very normal for companies like Best Buy, these surveys include very basic questions from quality of service to potential new products. Best Buy also sent a similar survey to it’s customers earlier today but there was something odd about today’s survey, they proposed a 42 inch HDTV by Apple. Apple’s take on TV industry in is discussion from well over one and a half year now. Apple HDTV or let’s call it iTV rumors grew stronger during at the end of last year because of Steve Jobs biography in which Walter Isaacson mentioned that Steve wanted to revolutionize the TV industry as well. He mentioned that Steve thought TVs these days are very complex and hard to use and he “finally cracked” it.
Steve’s biography also pushed these rumors to a whole new level, well coming back to today’s survey. Best Buy tried to draw a concept of Apple’s HDTV/iTV for is customers and labeled it with a fair $1499 price tag. Here’s what Best Buy mentioned about Apple’s HDTV/iTV in their survey:
Be one of the first to get the all new 42″ Apple HDTV at Best Buy for $1499. Apple finally reinvents what a TV can do:
- 42″ 1080p LED flat panel display
- Incorporates Apple’s operating system (iOS) found in its current Apple TV set top box which allows you to purchase and stream movies and other entertainment from the Internet
- Download and use apps from the App Store. Can you imagine playing Angry Birds on a big screen in your living room?
- Supports Apple’s new iCloud service for storing your movies, TV shows, and music content that you’ve purchased from iTunes and beam them to your Apple HDTV.
- Use your iPad or iPhone as a remote control, and do everything from controlling your TV, to purchasing new shows and swapping content between your Apple devices and the iCloud service.
- Built-in convenience with built in iSight camera and microphone for Skype.
- In addition to iTunes, stream content from popular sites such as Netflix, YouTube, and flickr.
- Available for $1499
The Verge has confirmed that this particular survey in discussion exists. So there’s no doubt about the existence of this survey, let’s move forward and discuss some interesting things mentioned in survey. First of all, NO Siri, it’s doesn’t make any sense to me, I mean why would you remove something from a concept which is “the next big thing” from Apple. Siri has changed the game for Apple and I don’t imagine Apple releasing an HDTV without their intelligent personal voice assistant.
Secondly, iSight, Really? People who are new to Apple don’t even remember this word. FaceTime is the thing which people know nowadays and that’s precisely what the want from an Apple TV but I believe Apple will bring radical changes to current camera system and will introduce a new camera specifically for Apple’s TV.
The survey exists, but the question here would be: Do they actually know what Apple is bringing in their HDTV or are they just shooting arrows in the dark? I’m inclined toward the latter option. Just two things which I mentioned above kills earlier half of this question.
- These Stunning Apple iTV Mock-ups Will Blow Your Mind Away! (howtoarena.com)
- How Apple Products Make Their Way To Hollywood? (howtoarena.com)
We will keep you updated on this, stay tuned!