Facebook For iPad App Updated To Support Retina Display, Minor Bug Fixes
Facebook has also joined the Retina fleet, an updated version of Facebook for iPad app was released in iTunes App Store moments ago. The newer updated version 4.1.1 of Facebook for iPad app now contains Retina graphic for iPad 3 aka “the new iPad”. Apple’s third generation iPad carries a high resolution 2048×1536 Retina display, almost all major iOS app developers updated their apps to support this new gorgeous display but Zuck and Co. were a little late (as usual).
The new Retina version of Facebook for iPad app promises to fix other known bugs and weird crash issues of the app. Facebook’s iPad app is the most popular app in iTunes store but it also top the charts when it come to bugs and crashes. The new version of this app will also allow you to “Go Offline” on Facebook Chat which was much needed. This version will also fix some core issues related to Profile Images and Facebook Pages, Facebook for iPad app used to mix profile pictures of your friends which can get annoying at times.
Facebook has also added support for 8 new language in 4.1.1 version of Facebook for iPad.
Here’s the full change log:
What’s New in Version 4.1.1
In this release, we added some features and fixed some bugs so now:
- You can go offline in chat
- The right profile picture appears for everyone
- Your list of friends always includes all your friends
- In sets of photos, your name is displayed correctly
- Photos of people who like Facebook Pages load correctly
- Your friend-request notification only lights up if you have a request
- You can change your language to Czech, Danish, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese (Portugal) or Thai
- If you’ve got a new Retina iPad, you’ll see a crisp, high resolution interface
You can download Retina display version of Facebook for iPad app from your iOS device or by clicking this link.
We will keep you updated on this, stay tuned!