First iPad 3 Reviews Are In, Retina Display Looks Impressive
It’s been over a week since Apple unveiled their third generation iPad. even though the tablet is set to hit markets on Friday March 16th but journalists close to Apple definitely get their hands on new products before anyone else. First iPad 3 reviews are coming in and iPad 3′s all new Retina display is the most impressive common thing we’ve seen so far in early reviews. You’d also experience blazing fast 4G LTE speed if you happen to own a Verizon iPad 3. We will combine some of the most prominent reviews here in one single post.
Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
- The Retina display will make you do a double-take the first time you see it.
- it’s crisp and clear — you can notice a huge difference, even from the iPad 2.
- person with the iPad that won’t be saying, “excuse the quality, I didn’t have my good camera with me.”
- So, what did I like about the iPad? Simple — the experience. Nobody in the market today can touch the Apple experience.
Joshua Topolsky (The Verge)
- This display is outrageous. It’s stunning. It’s incredible.
- there isn’t an obvious speed boost in comparison to the previous generation iPad
- there’s certainly no stutter, stagger or delay when using the tablet
- on Verizon’s LTE network, this thing screams.
- if you buy the Verizon version, you also can use the device as a wireless hotspot at no extra charge
- In all, the new iPad is in a class by itself
- For those who already own the iPad 2, this isn’t necessarily a slam dunk.
Jason Snell (MacWorld)
- Text in most apps will automatically take advantage of Retina display, though with some exceptions (Kindle App)
- ”The third-generation iPad had a frame rate 1.6 times that of the iPad 2″
- 3rd Gen iPad almost identical physically to iPad 2
- Video quality of 1080p video recorded was “very good” even in low light
- ”AT&T’s LTE network in San Francisco was impressive.” with 14.5Mbps/20.6Mbps download and upload rates.
We will keep you updated on this, stay tuned!