How To Unlock CDMA iPhone 4S And Use It On GSM Network Using R-SIM [Guide]
It’s been over a week since Gevey released their updated Gevey SIM Ultra S to unlock iPhone 4S on baseband 1.0.11, 1.0.13, and 1.0.14. Though Gevey SIM is the most easiest iPhone 4S unlocking solution available in the market but there are some drawbacks, you cannot unlock CDMA iPhone 4S to use it on GSM network. According to multiple sources Gevey is already working on a possible iPhone 4S CDMA unlock which will allow you to use your CDMA iPhone on GSM networks all over the world. But if you can’t wait any longer and want to test another way to unlock your phone then there is a solution for you.
This new solution works in collaboration with SAM activation method. Before we go any further I would like to mention that I have doubts about this iPhone 4 CDMA unlock solution and we’ve not tested it ourself so it would be a little “off the track” to explicitly call it a 100% working solution. I believe that this unlock is more like those unlocks which we saw last year, the phone returns to it’s locked state after a TMSI refresh. If you have have a CDMA iPhone 4S and you want to run it on GSM network you can try this solution and let us know if it worked for you or not.
Things you will need before you proceed:
- R-SIM or Rebel iPhone 4S Unlock SIM
- Jailbreaked CDMA iPhone 4S (this test was conducted on Verizon CDMA iPhone 4S)
- iExplorer or iFunbox
Important: As we’ve not tested this solution we would provide the exact same guide as the original poster did in a forum post.
- Connect your 4S with iFunbox
- Go to /var/wireless/Library then delete file carrier_310VZW_20404_11.2.plist
- Go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundle/iPhone delete folder Zeppelin_US.bundle and delete your sim card carrier bundle ( my Sim card is Vinaphone so I have to delete folder VinaPhone_vn.bundle )
- JB your 4S, in cydia add source http://repo.bingner.com
- Install SAM
- Put your sim card ( without R-Sim or Rebel Sim)
- When the phone recognize your Sim card then go to Settings/SAM
- Enable: ON (Auto method)
- Hacktivate: On
- Your phone will be Hacktivated
- Take your sim out from iPhone and put back together with R-Sim
- Waiting for searching network the go to Settings/Phone/Sim Applications
- Choose edit mode, a dialog box appear then type 20404
- Restart your phone
- Put your sim card ( with R-Sim) into 4S
- Let’s the 4S detect Sim
- Go to Setting/General/About and check, carrier will be Not Available
- Go to Setting/SAM then OFF and ON Hacktivate fast
- Go to About again and carrier will be vf nl 11.0
- Go to Phone/Sim Application/Enter 112 mode
- Waiting until Accept dialog box
- Network will be searching until network has wave or No service
- Call 112 and do as the R-Sim do
- After end call iPhone will searching network again and network is ok
- Then go to SAM do OFF and ON very fast
- Your phone now call be used for calling.
The guy who claimed the this solution worked for him also posted a video on YouTube in which he demonstrated the whole process. Here’s the video:
Again, we’re not sure whether this solution would work for you or not but if you want to try it you can do it and let us know about the results.
Thanks Mohsin and Tr ỌTh for the Tip!
We will keep you updated on this, stay tuned!