Jailbreak iOS 4.3.4, 4.3.5 And iOS 5 Beta 7 On iPhone 3GS (Untethered) iPhone 4, iPod Touch And iPad 1 With Redsn0w 0.9.8b7b [Guide]
Soon after the release of iOS 5 Beta 7 is was jailbroken using redsnow 0.9.8b7 but you had to point it to iOS 5 beta 6 IPSW file. iPhone-Dev team released an updated version of redsn0w, redsn0w 0.9.8b7b.
This updated version brought many goodies for iPhone 3GS, not just iOS 5 Beta 7 you can also jailbreak 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 iOS with redsnow 0.9.8b7b. The best about this redsnow jailbreak is that it will jailbreak your iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) untethered on iOS 4.3.4 4.3.5 and iOS 5 Beta 7.
Before you all go “Please help me jailbreak” i’ll try to make this guide very easy for beginners.
Things you’ll be needing to jailbreak 4.3.4, 4.3.5, and iOS 5 Beta 7 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (Untethered), iPod Touch and iPad 1 include:
- .IPSW file of iOS 5 Beta 7 which you can download from here.
- .IPSW file of iOS 4.3.4 which you can download from here.
- .IPSW file of iOS 4.3.5 which you can download from here.
- redsnow 0.9.8 b7b which you can download from here.
- iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 for Windows 32 bit| 64 bit|or Mac
Things to remember before proceeding:
1) Jailbreaking your device with redsnow will upgrade your baseband and if you rely on an unlock you will loose it. If you want to jailbreak your device and preserve your baseband you can jailbreak iOS 5 beta 7 using Sn0wbreeze 2.8B7.
Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone 4,3GS, iPod Touch 3G,4G and iPad 1 using redsnow 0.9.8 b7b.
Step 1: Download redsnow0.9.8b7b.zip and respective iOS .IPSW file for your device from the links above.
Step 2: Restore your device to iOS 5 Beta 7 or iOS 4.3.4 or iOS 4.3.5 firmware (whichever you want to jailbreak) using the IPSW file you just downloaded.
Step 3: Start Redsnow and point it to the iOS 5 Beta 7 (as we’re jailbreaking iOS 5 beta 7 ) .ipsw firmware file you downloaded earlier.
Step 4: Select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”.
Step 5: In this step make sure that your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
Step 6: Now you’ll be instructed to put your iOS Device into DFU Mode. Follow the on screen instructions.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
- Hold the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10 seconds
- Your device will now be in DFU mode
Step 7: When successfully entered into DFU mode, redsnow will start jailbreaking iOS 5 beta 7 tethered on your iOS Device (Untethere for iPhone 3GS Old Bootrom).
Booting in tethered mode:
Now from here onwards, whenever you want to do anything related to jailbreak like SSHing into your device, or running Cydia, you must first run your device in the so called “jailbroken state” on every reboot by using “Just boot tethered right now” option in Redsnow 0.9.8 b7b.
And that was it !! Enjoy your iOS Device jailbroken on iOS 5 Beta 7. If you face any problem feel free to leave a comment we will get back to you!
We will keep you updated on jailbreaking news, stay tuned!