Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 6 On Your iPhone 4,3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 4G, And iPad 1 Using Redsn0w 0.9.8b6 [Guide]
iPhone-Dev team released redsn0w 0.9.8 b6 “JetBlue Version” to jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 6 on your iPhone 4 iPhone 3GS iPod Touch 3G iPod Touch 4G and iPad 1. Remember that this jailbreak is tethered which means you will have to boot tethered and start you iOS device in jailbroken state.
Things to remember before proceeding:
1) This is a tethered jailbreak and will only work on iOS 5 Beta 6
2) Jailbreaking your device with redsn0w will upgrade your baseband and if you rely on an unlock you will loose it. If you want to jailbreak your device and preserve your baseband you can jailbreak iOS 5 beta 6 using Sn0wbreeze 2.8B6.
Things you will need during this process:
- .IPSW file of iOS 5 Beta 6 which you can download from here.
- redsn0w 0.9.8 b6 which you can download from here.
- iTunes 10.5 Beta 6 for Windows 32 bit| 64 bit| Mac
Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone 4,3GS, iPod Touch 3G,4G and iPad 1 using redsn0w 0.9.8 b6.
Step 1: Download redsn0w0.9.8b6.zip and iOS 5 beta 6 for your device from the link above.
Step 2: Restore your device to iOS 5 Beta 6 firmware using the IPSW file you just downloaded.
Step 3: Start Redsn0w and point it to the iOS 5 Beta 6 .ipsw firmware file you downloaded earlier.
Step 4: Select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”.
Step 5: In this step make sure that your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
Step 6: Now you’ll be instructed to put your iOS Device into DFU Mode. Follow the on screen instructions.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
- Hold the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10 seconds
- Your device will now be in DFU mode
Step 7: When successfully entered into DFU mode, redsn0w will start jailbreaking iOS 5 beta 6 tethered on your iOS Device.
Booting in tethered mode:
Now from here onwards, whenever you want to do anything related to jailbreak like SSHing into your device, or running Cydia, you must first run your device in the so called “jailbroken state” on every reboot by using “Just boot tethered right now” option in Redsn0w 0.9.8 b6.
And that was it !! Enjoy your iOS Device jailbroken on iOS 5 Beta 6. If you face any problem feel free to leave a comment we will get back to you!
We will keep you updated on jailbreaking news, stay tuned!