Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 SP1 Coming Next Week
Software giant Microsoft today announced that they will be releasing Service Pack 1 of Office for Mac 2011 in coming week. In this new release Microsoft will introduce “increased stability, security, and some new features to the suite.” Microsoft is going to introduce the “most demanded” feature which is Syncing data between Outlook’s Calendar and devices such as the iPhone or iPad.
Microsoft’s executive Pat Fox said
“This has been one of our top feature requests – hopefully this is good news to many of you,”
In this announcement Microsoft also raised their finger toward future limitation with Apple’s new MobileMe. Microsoft says that as a result of Apple’s change, Outlook 2011 SP1 calendars that sync with Sync Services on the Mac, will NOT be synced with MobileMe calendars.
Here’s a list of new and improved features which are to be introduced in all new Office for Mac 2011:
- Data syncing between Outlook’s Calendar and devices such as the iPhone or iPad
- Support for Exchange based server-side rules
- Outlook Redirect button (you can redirect the message to the intended recipient and the replies will go to the original sender)
- Outlook Resend button
- Outlook edit of existing messages
- Solver integration support in Excel
- Multiple document editing
- Document sharing with other Mac and Windows office users, through SharePoint, SkyDrive and web apps
We’ll be reviewing this product as soon as it will be out.