MuscleNerd Posts More Information About Upcoming iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak
iOS hacker and front man on iPhone-Dev team MuscleNerd has just posted more details about upcoming iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak. Earlier today, we told you that iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will be released in the form of Absinthe V2. We also posted a video by @Xvolks in which he demoed the whole process of jailbreak using release candidate version of Absinthe V2.0. It is now clear that this jailbreak will be released in the form of Absinthe, CInject (command line jailbreaking tool for Windows) and Redsn0w. Pod2G has been actively working on this jailbreak from months now and by the help of other renowned hackers he has done it. Great news is that this untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 will work on ALL iOS devices but there’s only one device which won’t be supported by this JB — latest Apple TV (1080p).
PlanetBeing’s kernel exploit also saved the day for iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G users because initially it was feared that these devices won’t get untether but PlanetBeing came up with a kernel exploit which made it all possible.
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
There’s still no word on the launch date of this jailbreak, some sources are claiming that it will be released on Hackers in The Box conference which is taking place in Amsterdam from today till 25th May.
We will keep you updated on this, stay tuned!